5 fashion documentaries everyone should watch





5. Bill Cunningham New York

This movie was great. It really goes to show you how much there is about fashion that you don't know. Had I not seen this movie, I would have never know who Bill was. He's such an interesting character. So kind hearted and absolutely loves his work. You can tell that he puts his whole heart and soul into everything he does. He doesn't care who's wearing it or if it's in fashion or not. He loves the clothes and isn't that what fashion should really be about?Plus, his smile is so heartwarming it's reason enough to watch this movie. 


4. Picture Me

This movie is more about the models. It's quite an eye opener because you just assume that all models live this glamorous life when in reality it's not. 


3. God Save My Shoes

This movie really shows you all the lengths (pun intended) that women are willing to go through. This movie made me realize that just because a pair of shoes is 'really cute' are they really practical? I know that's not the point of fashion but come on ladies! You can't party wearing 6" heels! 


2. The Schmatta: Rags to Riches to Rags
This movie shows the real history of fashion. It blew my mind how much things have changed and how little I really knew about what was going on. It's a shame that clothes aren't made the way they used to be and that sweatshops are now in existence just to make a profit. 


1. The September Issue
Need I say more? It's the fucking bible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment